Protocols for United Soccer Alliance
United Soccer Alliance should use the following protocols as we prepare to offer activities on June 1, 2020.
** Dates are estimated targets with consideration to the Governor’s Executive Orders. If there are changes to the orders, then updates will be made to this announcement.
- Ensure child is healthy, check your child’s temperature prior to any training session.
- Limited or no carpooling.
- Stay in car or adhere to social distance requirements, based on state and local health requirements, when at training wear mask if outside of your car.
- Ensure child’s clothing is washed after every training session.
- Ensure all equipment, cleats, ball, shin guards, etc. are sanitized before and after every training.
- Notify club immediately if your child becomes ill for any reason.
- Be sure your child has necessary sanitizer with them at every training.
- Wash hands thoroughly before and after training.
- Bring and use hand sanitizer at every training.
- Encouraged to wear mask before and immediately after all training.
- Do not touch or share anyone else’s equipment, water, snack, or bag.
- Practice social distancing, place bags and equipment at least 6 feet apart.
- Wash and sanitize all equipment before and after every training.
- No group celebrations, no high 5’s, hugs, handshake, etc.
- Ensure the health sand safety of the athletes.
- Inquire how the athletes are feeling, send them home should you believe they act or look ill.
- Follow all state and local health protocols.
- Ensure all athletes have their individual equipment (ball, water, bag, etc).
- Coach is the only person to handle cones, disk, etc.
- Encourage all training outdoors and ensure social distancing per state or local health guidelines.
- Encouraging to wear a face mask, when not actively and maintain social distance requirements for the players based on state and local health requirements.
- Have fun, stay positive – players and parents are looking to you to stay calm, supportive, caring during this time.
- The use of scrimmage vest or bibs is not recommended at this time.
Our Club Responsibilities:
- Create and distribute protocols to its members.
- Have an effective communication plan in place; identify strategies for working with public health to notify adult leaders, youth, and their families if the organization learns a participant or adult leader has developed COVID-19 and may have been infectious to others while at a youth activity, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Be sensitive and accommodating to parents to may be uncomfortable with return to play too quickly.
- Have an action plan in place, in case of a positive test.
- Train and educate all staff on protocols and requirements, including state and local regulations, CDC recommendations, and other necessary information.
- Be prepared to shut down and stop operations. Develop plans for temporary closure of indoor facilities or outdoor activities or camps to properly disinfect and ensure other adult leaders or youth are not infected.
- Provide adequate field space for social distancing.
- Provide hand sanitizing stations and waste receptacles at fields.
- Develop a relationship and a dialog with local health officials (identify Risk Tolerance).