What is Development Academy?
U.S. Soccer started the Development Academy Program to improve long-term player and coach development. After studying player development models domestically and internationally, U.S. Soccer collaborated with elite soccer clubs across the nation to create a program to provide the proper environment by emphasizing quality training and limited meaningful competition.
U.S. Soccer wants to provide a player centered program that is focused on the development of the individual without bias, distractions, self-interests and financial gains that compromise the optimal everyday environment. We also believe this is needed so we continue to set the standard for world-class players.
Signing Class of 2019 (above)Left to RightJaclyn Gilday (UCLA), Gabrielle Daly (Notre Dame), Trescott Shamlou (Notre Dame), Hannah Suder (MTSU), Claudia Tamares (UCF), Sade Adamolekun (USC), Sydney Hauth (UNF), Amanda Crisalli (FGCU), Jaiden Thomas (NC State), Sarah...
Academy Schedule & League Structure Example
|Schedule Format||Home/Away against Conference|
|Regular Season||22-29 games|
|DA Winter Showcase||3 meaningful cross over games|
|DA Spring Girls’ Showcase||3 meaningful cross over games|
|Playoffs (32 Teams*); or Summer showcase (non-playoff teams^)||3 summer showcase games for all non-playoff teams|
|Total Games||31-38 games|
Our Girls’ Pathway
United Soccer Alliance
United Soccer Alliance is an organization that offers access to the Nation’s top leagues as a tool to enhance player development. The Alliance is comprised of some of North East Florida’s most successful clubs that share the same philosophical ideas in relation to developing some of the best players in the U.S.A.
Academy Age Groups
- U14 2005
- U15 2004
- U17 2002-2003
- U19 2000-2001
Charlotte Soccer Academy | Charlotte, NC
IMG Academy | Bradenton, FL
North Carolina Courage | Cary, NC
S. FL Football Academy | Boca Raton, FL
Tophat | Atlanta, GA
United Futbol Academy | Cumming, GA
United Soccer Alliance | Jacksonville, FL
West Florida Flames | Brandon, FL
Weston FC | Weston, FL
Game Day Structure
- We have a roster of 16-18 players for game day
- We innovate the learning experience on game days by implementing tasks such as pregame focus worksheets and video analysis of the opposition
- Every game is filmed and tape reviewed with the team as a whole as well as players and blocks of players
- Post game recovery techniques are also be implemented
- In addition to the head coach, there is an athletic trainer and goalkeeper coach at each game
- The focus on game day is NOT to win
Our Track Record
We have a proven track record in developing National Team, Youth National Team, Professional and Collegiate Athletes.
Some examples include Morgan Brian, Kaili Torres, Leah Godfrey, Annie Bobbitt and Alia Skinner…
(To name just a very small percentage)
IDP (Individual Development Plan)
- Individual Development Plan
- The Focus will be on the Individual
- The Player Pathway will be based on the individual plan
- Goal setting and player tracking will allow each player to fulfill their potential