United Soccer Alliance is an organization that offers access to the Nation’s top leagues as a tool to enhance player development. The Alliance is comprised of some of the areas most successful clubs that share the same philosophical ideas in relation to developing some of the best players in the U.S.A.
What is Development Academy?
U.S. Soccer started the Development Academy Program to improve long-term player and coach development. After studying player development models domestically and internationally, U.S. Soccer collaborated with elite soccer clubs across the nation to create a program to provide the proper environment by emphasizing quality training and limited meaningful competition.
U.S. Soccer wants to provide a player centered program that is focused on the development of the individual without bias, distractions, self-interests and financial gains that compromise the optimal everyday environment. We also believe this is needed so we continue to set the standard for world-class players.
There are ongoing evaluations throughout the course of the season for our Girls Development Academy program.
If you are interested in being evaluated please contact Kerri Hanks, firstname.lastname@example.org or at (904) 278-1182.
Academy Age Groups
- U14 2005
- U15 2004
- U17 2002-2003
- U19 2000-2001
Academy Schedule & League Structure Example
|Schedule Format||Home/Away against Conference|
|Regular Season||22-29 games|
|DA Winter Showcase||3 meaningful cross over games|
|DA Spring Girls’ Showcase||3 meaningful cross over games|
|Playoffs (32 Teams*); or Summer showcase (non-playoff teams^)||3 summer showcase games for all non-playoff teams|
|Total Games||31-38 games|
Charlotte Soccer Academy | Charlotte, NC
IMG Academy | Bradenton, FL
North Carolina Courage | Cary, NC
South Florida Football Academy | Boca Raton, FL
Tophat | Atlanta, GA
United Futbol Academy | Cumming, GA
United Soccer Alliance | Jacksonville, FL
West Florida Flames | Brandon, FL
Weston FC | Weston, FL
Game Day Structure
- We will have a roster of 16-18 players for game day
- We will innovate the learning experience on game days by implementing tasks such as pregame focus worksheets and video analysis of the opposition
- Every game will be filmed and tape will be reviewed with the team as a whole as well as players and blocks of players
- Post game recovery techniques will also be implemented
- In addition to the head coach, there will be an athletic trainer and goalkeeper coach at each game
- The focus on game day will NOT be winning
Our Track Record
We have a proven track record in developing National Team, Youth National Team, Professional and Collegiate Athletes.
Some examples include Morgan Brian, Kaili Torres, Leah Godfrey, Annie Bobbitt and Alia Skinner…
(To name just a very small percentage)
Our Girls' Pathway
IDP (Individual Development Plan)
- Individual Development Plan
- The Focus will be on the Individual
- The Player Pathway will be based on the individual plan
- Goal setting and player tracking will allow each player to fulfill their potential